The Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) has received the news of the arrest and deportation of Nnamdi Kanu to Nigeria and his subsequent arraignment in court in continuation of his previous trial.
2. This development is very unfortunate both for the continued existence of the crisis-ridden Nigerian federation and the struggle for the self-determination and emancipation of Igboland from the artificial Nigerian federation.
3. The arrest or elimination of Nnamdi Kanu from the scene of the struggle is most unlikely to result in the smashing of the spirit of the longing for the freedom of the Igbo Nation or that of other Nationalities that are equally struggling to free themselves from the chaotic Nigerian federation.
4. Earlier in the day, we saw a social media news item with the headline: “Nnamdi Kanu arrested and Boko Haram fighters released”. This news item summarizes the grave injustice in the Federal government’s attempt to crush Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB supporters, while the blood-sucking Boko Haram and other bandits are on the prowl throughout the entire Federation including Katsina the home state of Mr. President.
5. The Igbo Nation is meanwhile groaning under the agony of the massive arrests, torture and killing of many Igbo youths by security agents of the Federal Government.
6. One thing is very clear. The Federal Republic of Nigeria is breathing its last. It may well go the way of other federations which were created artificially and held together by the force of arms.
7. We call on the International Community not to turn it’s back on the horrors taking place in Nigeria, especially in Igboland.
8. We equally call on all Igbo lawyers no matter their persuasions, to come together and defend Nnamdi Kanu as well as several other Igbo youths who are languishing in various detention centers and prisons all over Nigeria.
PROF. UZODINMA NWALA,
CHAIRMAN, ADF BUREAU OF MEDIA & PUBLICITY.
On the Aborted Attempt to set up the Electoral Committee for the 2021 Ohanaeze Elections.
On the 6th of December, a meeting was convened at the Nike Lake Resort by the outgoing Ohanaeze Executive. As it turned out, the main item on the Agenda of the meeting was the forthcoming January 2021 Election of a new Ohanaeze Executive.
Although I came a bit late to the meeting, however, I asked and throughout the duration of the meeting, there was no reference to the genocide going on in Oyigbo (Obigbo) in Rivers State where hundreds of our kits-and-kin are being gruesomely slaughtered with reckless abandon.
There was not even ‘a minute silence’ in memory of the dead as has become our custom and as observed throughout all civilized communities in the world. What echoed from the leadership was justification of the murder of those innocent victims.
With particular reference to the alleged meeting of Ime Obi Ohanaeze, it turned out that –
- What was summoned and what met was not IME OBI Ohanaeze Ndigbo. At best, it could be called a quasi assemblage of some members of the General Assembly of Ohanaeze.
- Senator Chris Ngige eloquently made this observation, and although his observation was widely supported, his views were ignored. Another former Governor made a related observation, but all were ignored and suppressed by the Chairman.
- The implication of this is that NO MEETING OF IME OBI OHANAEZE has taken place with respect to setting up the machinery for the election of a new Ohanaeze Executive.
- On the list read out by Chief Nwodo as members of his Electoral Committee, no consultations were made with the respective States and Bodies/Organizations whose so-called representatives were announced by him.
- Most of us are familiar with the tradition of getting representatives of various States/0rganisations into any Committee of Ime Obi Ohanaeze. And what is that tradition?
“In a properly constituted Ime Obi Ohanaeze, once we get to the point of appointing, for example, the Electoral Committee, States/Organizations are requested to stand aside to nominate their representatives and return the list to the Secretary of Ime Obi Ohanaeze. After which the names of nominees are collated and announced”.Our experience is that such a process has always ended amicably and the various States/Organizations have always returned their nominees without any internal rancor.
- Indeed those who try to introduce controversy into the election of the next Ohanaeze Executive are not fair to Ndigbo, especially at this time when our people are facing the worst threat to their existence as a nation.
- We, in the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF), urge Chief Nnia Nwodo and his team not to plung Ndigbo into unnecessary internal rancor at this time. Any attempt to impose any person on Ndigbo in the name of Ohanaeze leadership at this period shall be stoutly resisted by our people and our Gods including our Supreme Chukwu Okike.
We, therefore, urge Chief Nwodo and his team to urgently convene a properly constituted Ime Obi Ohanaeze so that a legitimate Electoral Committee shall be set up to organize the Ohanaeze Election in January according to the Ohanaeze Constitution.
It is important to advise that the mood of Ndigbo at the present moment will not accept any attempt to impose any candidate on them. Anyone involved in such an attempt should think again as such a gamble and act of desperation and treachery shall be resisted vehemently by the people.
Prof. UZODINMA NWALA
ADF BULLETIN 3 ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
WARNING TO OUR PEOPLE! PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR COMMUNITY! PROTECT ALAIGBO AND HER NEIGHBOURS!
Alaigbo Development Foundation, ADF, wish to alert Ndigbo and our NEIGHBOURS that CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC is real and here with us.
It attacks the rich and the poor, the old and the young, those in the cities and those in the villages.
As at Wednesday, 8th April, over 1.5million people have been infected , with over 88,000 deaths. NIGERIA has recorded 283 CASED , with 7 DEATHS. 3 daughters of one Igbo family living in UK were infected, two died and one is in Intensive care unit as at yesterday. 13 members of one family in Italy were killed by Corona virus.
In Nigeria, only very few suspected cases have been tested , because the test kits are very scarce. The numbers of infected cases above is far below the actual number.
COVID-19 is gotten through AIR OR CONTAMINATED SURFACES from an infected Person. Coughing and sneezing releases the virus into the air. It stays in the air for up to 8 hours and on surfaces of objects up to 3 days.
How do we know when one has the COVID-19 sickness; coughing, sneezing, fever, headache, body aches, difficulty in breathing.
More than 30% of those infected do not have symptoms and do not know or suspect they have the disease. THOSE WITHOUT SYMPTOMS CAN INFECT OTHERS. That is the biggest danger!
HOW TO PROTECT OUR OURSELVES, FAMILIES and COMMUNITIES : ADF ADVISES THAT ALL SHOULD ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING BEST PRACTICES.
AVOID CROWD OF MORE THAN TEN PERSON.
Obey STAY-AT-HOME ORDERS. corona virus and hunger combined is far worse than hunger only. Hunger for one month will not kill us BUT covid -19 can do it. Prevention is better than cure.
Let every family stay-at-home as directed by the Governments and Health Authorities and the church leadership. It is biblical to do so(Jeremiah 26:20-23)
Close your mouth and nose when coughing , blowing nose and sneezing with tissue or handkerchief and wash your hands after .
Keep water and soap ( detergent, toilet soap, bar soap, liquid soap) at the entrance of your compound OR Office for everybody, including family members , to wash hands for 20 seconds, before entering the house or sitting down on a chair in the compound.
Wash your hands with soap and water as frequently as possible or use hand sanitizers.
Frequently clean the door handles, car door handles, table and chairs, hand rails and staircases, toilet, with soap and water or 5-in-1 bleach solution(jik) or sanitizer.
Use Medical face-mask or N95 Face-mask when you are in the market or where there is large number of people or more than one person in the car. Cloth face-mask is not useful against corona virus.
Do not shake hands with people.
Avoid AC and winding up of car windows when more than one person in the car or bus. Open the windows of your car and houses for good ventilation.
Ensure you feed well, TAKE VEGETABLES, FRUITS AND NATURAL FOODS AND SPICES to build-up your immunity.
AVOID unnecessary visits.
CALL your doctor or the Nurse and book appointment before going to the hospital, when it is very necessary.
Communities must have a dedicated Doctor or Nurse or Community health officer who should be notified of any suspected case or contact with a returnee from Abroad.
Every suspicion of Covid-19 infection, or contact with a positive or suspected case or returnee from Abroad, should self- quarantine and call the Community doctor or Nurse or state Committee on Covid-19, or the nearest hospital. THIS IS TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND COMMUNITY.
Avoid SELF- MEDICATION, contact your doctor or Nurse.
The Town Unions and Local Churches must Engage Town Criers to spread this message to the people in the Communities.
ABOVE ALL, BE PRAYERFUL, LIVE A GODLY LIFE AND HAVE FAITH IN OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. In this perilous times.
Alaigbo development Foundation
9th April 2020