The meeting, received and discussed report of the ADF official delegation to United States of America, last month, led by ADF President, Prof Uzodinma Nwala which included ADF participation at the World Igbo Congress Convention in Nashville, Tennessee, and several meetings with Igbo communities and organizations in many cities in USA.
Discussions on the State of the nation, the 2019 General Elections, the current Igbo national struggle for self-determination, the youth unemployment and youth empowerment, the continuing and ever widening military occupation of Igboland and the urgent need for Igbo Homeland Security, among other issues, took the center stage.
Following extensive deliberations on the above matters, the following resolutions were reached:
- The Council noted with full satisfaction the achievements of the ADF official delegation to USA, especially the bond of unity and synergy between ADF and Diaspora Igbo organizations in USA that has been cemented in the struggle for the restoration and development of the Igbo Nation.
- The Council noted with delight, the full endorsement of the “Enugu Re-affirmation of Igbo position on the future of Alaigbo as well as the Nigerian Federation” in view of the fact that President Muhammadu Buhari had dismissed the Awka declaration as ‘personal agenda’.
- ADF Council endorses the call by the Chicago Forum for an urgent IGBO GLOBAL SUMMIT in Chicago and pledges its full support for all measures needed to actualize the Summit.
- The ADF Council discussed and approved the 2018 Amended Constitution of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) and directed the ADF International Working Committee to carry out the necessary editing of the text and forward same to the forthcoming ADF Congress to be held early next year.
5 With regards to the state of the nation, the Council noted with grave concern the high level of mass poverty, total infrastructural decay, progressively expanding youth unemployment in Alagbo in particular and the Country in general. The unending mass genocide, maiming, rape and killing of our women, destruction of homes and properties, displacement, occupation and renaming of indigenous non-Muslim communities, especially in the North Central states of Plateau, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, Benue, Nasarawa and Zamfara, as well as the general insecurity caused by the nefarious and murderous activities of Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists with tacit support of the Federal security forces are all pointers that the country is dangerously, irreversibly heading to disintegration.
ADF’s position that the 2019 General elections is already being packaged as a fraud, as the outcome is pre-determined only waiting for public announcement. This has been vindicated by the recent shows of shame that were tagged Ekiti and Osun gubernatorial elections and the Party primary elections as conducted by APC and APGA.
These developments under President Buhari and his APC Government have attracted worldwide condemnation and have erased the little growth of democracy achieved between 1999 and 2015. The ADF Council further noted the massive under-aged voters registration in the north, the unchecked influx of foreigners from the Sahel region, the frustrations eligible voters encounter during registration and collection of PVC in the South East, South-South and Christian areas in the North central regions, the ongoing killings and displacement of indigenous communities in the Middle Belt Region as well as fortification of military occupation and secret relocation of released Boko Haram fighters to the South East and South-South were the earliest signs.
The Council noted with regret the continuing reign of impunity, open violation of the Constitution and laws of the land and utter disregard of Court decisions and Orders in the conduct of the country’s affairs. The open intimidation, emasculation, desecration and demobilization of the National Assembly and Judiciary are a clear pointer that dictatorship has overrun democracy in the polity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and that the center can no longer hold. The climax of this is exemplified by the Chairman of the ruling party, APC ‘inadvertently’ publicly barring his mind on the ideology of his party by saying that “those who cannot undergo the pains of rigging should not venture into politics”.
The Council once more declares that the above predicaments facing the Federation is deeply rooted on the impunity with which the various nations that make up the federation were amalgamated in 1914; without their consent and the instrument of governance, the fake 1999 Constitution imposed on the peoples of this Country with military fiat, which begins with an open lie; “We the people”, when the people never formulated and endorsed it.
ADF sees no solution to the endemic crises rocking the Federation through the forthcoming 2019 Election. Therefore, the Council of Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) calls for a properly constituted political Conference of all ethnic nationalities for a new Federal Union Constitution that recognizes the rights to self determination of the constituent nations.
ADF, therefore, calls upon Ohaneze Ndigbo, Afenifere, PANDEF, and Middle Belt Forum and all other socio-cultural organizations of the indigenous peoples of this country who are truly fighting for the emancipation of their people to urgently move beyond rhetoric and come up with clear, time-bound action plan for achieving the much talked about restructuring in the next few months left before the so-called elections. ADF is ever ready to co-operate with such bodies for the common goal of the oppressed peoples of this nation.
The ADF and most other major pan-Igbo organizations have already declared that nothing short of recognizing Alaigbo as AN AUTONOMOUS REGION in a New Federal Union can guarantee the continued participation of Alaigbo in any political union with her neighbors in the present Nigerian Federation.
The Council commends Ndigbo in the United States for acknowledging their responsibility to actively participate in the urgent task of Igbo, Self-determination and self-reliance. The Council therefore calls on all Umuigbo across the world to join this struggle by making contributions in material, intellectual, diplomatic and moral support to ensure the survival of the nation presently trapped in an unworkable Nigerian Federation.
Similarly all pan-Igbo and Biafran self-determination groups are urged to imbibe the spirit of unity of purpose with one another while applying diverse positive methodologies in their operations, as this is one of the cardinal Igbo philosophy that ensures her victory
- All Ndigbo in Diaspora are enjoined to embrace the ADF message of Aku–Ruo-Ulo as well as Igbo national integration which are pivotal for the rapid restoration of the economy of Alaigbo as it is only Ndigbo that can develop our Alaigbo.
- As one of the ways to reduce massive unemployment of our teaming youth, the various state Governments in Alaigbo, Ohaneze, various Pan-Igbo Organizations and Ndigbo in the Igbo Diaspora are requested to come together with ADF to activate farming programs that saw to the survival of Biafrans during the Genocidal War of 1967-1970; the Land Army Farm Program. Similarly, the great Agricultural programs initiated by Dr Michael Okpara need to be activated urgently. The large palm plantations, cocoa, cashew, rubber and other plantations of the Okpara era need to be urgently reactivated. This will help also in addressing the urgent physical and food security needs of Alaigbo.
ADF, however, noted that this program cannot succeed with the ravenous impunity of herdsmen who have invaded our communities, grazing on our crops, maiming, kidnapping for ransom and killing of villagers in their farm lands. Thus, ADF urges all the State Governments in Alaigbo to pass, if they truly care for the people, the Anti-Open Grazing Bill which ADF had tabled before all the Houses of Assembly several months ago. This bill will ensure that both the Cattle herdsmen operate in an atmosphere of peace and within law for the prosperity of Alaigbo. In this regard ADF congratulates the Abia House of Assembly for passing the Bill and call Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to sign the bill without futher waste of time.
14. Finally, all Ndigbo and the various Governments in Alaigbo are enjoined to close ranks and tackle the Homeland security needs of our people.
An Emergency Consultative Caucus of Concerned Pan-Igbo organizations was convened today June 7, 2019 to deliberate on issues of grave and urgent importance that threaten the peace, development and security situation in Alaigbo and elsewhere in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
After exhaustive discussions, the following decisions were reached-
1. That there is obvious agenda of a bloody islamization and jihad to conquer, occupy, take over and enslave Alaigbo and elsewhere in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. That Ndigbo should do everything in their power to defend themselves, their wives, children and their ancestral land.
3. To set up a Joint-Committee of pan-Igbo organizations and to prepare Memorandum to alert Ndigbo in Nigeria and in the Diaspora on the peace, development and security of Alaigbo.
4. Calls on all Stakeholders in Alaigbo including the Governments and Traditional Institutions in Alaigbo to pursue a common agenda in the interest of the survival of Ndigbo.
5. Call on Umuigbo world-wide to liaise with the patriotic pan-Igbo organizations to ensure that all needed resources in Alaigbo support all the patriotic forces engaged in the struggle for Igbo emancipation and security.
6. That Ndigbo should seek possible working relationship with other nationalities to ensure collective defense of their territories from the jihadists.
7. To continue to promote the Akuruo-Ulo movement through the agency of the Town Unions and the various Traders organizations of Ndigbo.
8. To engage in constant consultations and collaborative efforts to promote the peace, security and development of Alaigbo.
The first-ever IGBO NATIONAL SUMMIT was convened today, August 22nd
2019 by key frontline Igbo organizations and major stakeholders with representatives of her Neighbors in attendance to examine the grave state of insecurity in our region, under the banner Peace, Security and Development of Alaigbo and Her Neighbors. The event was presided over by His Royal Majesty, Igwe Amb. Lawrence Agubuzu, Chairman, Enugu State Council of Traditional Rulers. He was assisted by His Lordship, Bishop Obi Udezue Onubogu, Overseer, Rock Cathedral, Enugu.
After an exhaustive of key nte addresses by the conveners as well major presentations on the state and challenges of insecurity that have gravely affected the peace and development of Alaigbo and her neighbors, the participants noted as follows –
i.That the Territory known as the Federal Republic of Nigeria was initially created by the British colonial authority mainly to advance her colonial interests.
ii.That since the amalgamation of the territory consisting of several major and smaller nationalities in 1914, the region has known no stability, but rather has witnessed incessant crises resulting in the Biafra war of 1967. That war saw the worst state of pogrom in which over 3 million people mainly Igbo citizens were brutally killed and the territory devastated. That the end of the war left Alaigbo and her neighbors in ruins with no efforts since then to rebuild the region.
iii.That the endemic instability in the Federation has been due to an inherent incompatibility of values between the dominant religions, traditions and cultures of its indigenous ethnic nationalities. But this has been made worse by the deliberate act of manipulation by the British colonial authorities who, through manipulation of the Federal structure and census, left power in the hands of the Fulani minority.
iv. What is more, political stability is anchored on the fundamental principles of democracy, rule of law and equity. Unfortunately, the Fulani minority does not understand, let alone believe in these basic norms of co-existence among peoples. This truth has been brazenly asserted by the Fulani National Movement (FUNAM) when, in a recent statement in which they declared their resolve to fully conquer the rest of the Federation, FUNAM referred to what it called “irresponsible Western notion of democracy”, which it said the British imposed in Nigeria in order to undermine their territorial ambition.
v.The participants noted that the Federal Republic of Nigeria as it exists today is a phantom political state which has lost all the basic principles of rule of law, justice, equity and humane values; anarchy now prevails in all spheres of the society.
vi.The Republic has been seized by one ethnic nationality, namely, the minority Fulani who do not hide their intentions to wipe out the indigenous populations and their religions and turn the territory into an Islamic State.as has been arrogantly stated by the Fulani Nationality Movement (FUNAM). Following the mass killings of the helpless citizens of Plateau by the Fulani, where some non-Fulani civilians according to FUNAM ‘were justifiable hacked down’. In their statement following this gruesome massacre, FUNAM declared: –
We have said it over and over, that Nigeria is the only inheritance we have in Africa and anywhere in the world. This land belongs to us, from Sokoto to the banks of the Atlantic Ocean. This was the destiny bestowed on Uthman Dan Fodio which would have been fulfilled since 1816 if not for the obstruction of this great assignment by the British. It is no longer time to play the ostrich. Our men are waiting. We are eager to fight. We are boiling with the zeal to actualize our dream; enough of double dealing and ambivalence by FULANI political leaders who unfortunately think the FULANI can only take back what belongs to us through appeasement and elections destined to reflect cultural values antithetical to the preaching of Uthman Dan Fodio.
vii.Indeed, this declaration is no longer a statement of intentions. The Fulani have fully embarked on their fulfillment. In pursuit of this goal, they have systematically, under their leader General Mohammadu Buhari, seized all the apparatuses of the state – the Executive, the Legislative, the Judiciary, the Military and all the Security Forces, the Bureaucracy, the Economy, all machinery of Government including the so-called Independent Electoral Commission, (INEC), the Educational Institutions, all parastatals of the state.
viii.The participants noted that as of today, the following is the composition of the key Executive, Legislative. Judiciary, Administrative and Security organs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria:-
- President of the Federal Republic … North
- Senate President … North
- Chief Justice of Nigeria…..… North
- President Court of Appeal … North
- CJ Federal High Court …… North
- Inspector-General of Police (IG) North
- DG of Department of State Security …… North
- DG NIA ……… North
- CG NSCDC…… North
- Minister of Defense …… North
- Intelligence Agency North
- Minister Finance …… North
- Minister Petroleum …… North
- Minister of Aviation …… North
- Chief of Air Staff …… North
- Chief of Army Staff ….… North
- CG Customs …… North
- CG Immigration …… North
- CG Prisons ….… North
- GMD NNPC …… North
- Chairman Code of conduct Bureau North
- Chairman CCT …… North
- Chairman EFCC …… North
- Director of NFIU …… North
- Chairman INEC …… North
- Population Chairman …… North
- DG/CEO Nat’l Identity …… North, etc, etc.
All these Officials are not only Northerners, but 95% Fulani Muslims.
ix The participants recalled the catalogue of pogroms and genocide serially inflicted on Ndigbo and the Peoples of Eastern Nigeria which have long threatened our collective survival and existential reality as a People in their economic sojourn across the Country and their violent displacement from their places of abode denying them a sense of belonging in the polity in the face of Government acquiescence and non-payment of compensation as outlined below, the consequent decimation of our growth as a People and our Youth and future generations and our treatment as a conquered People by successive Governments:
|* Katsina Railway riot 1937.
*Jos Northern Nigeria 1945. *Northern Nigeria 1953.
*1966 Pogroms Northern Nigeria
*Biafran War 1967-70
*May 1967 Northern Nigeria
*Beheading of Gideon *Akaluka Kano 1995
Christmas eve riot
*Madalla Christmas day bombing 2011Kano
*Post-April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 Youth-Corpers & several Citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected President against a Moslem Northerner.
Nimbo, Enugu massacre 2016
*Awgu Enugu in 2016
*Aba & Afara Ukwu 2017 Operation Python Dance, and the list goes on …………
- Given the daunting and unabated militarization of our Homeland by extortionist Police and Military Agents of State, the senseless and conscienceless killing of our Clergy, the condescending sacking of our Churches, Villages and Rural Communities, the routine rape of our Women, Mothers Wives and Daughters, the willful destruction of farmlands and humiliating desecration of our sacred Traditional Grooves, Shrines and Deities by ravaging Terrorist Fulani Headsmen, the immolate destruction of our lives and property, and the wanton implementation of the obnoxious RUGA policy despite widespread Citizen resistance,.
In the light of the above, the participants resolved as follows:-
- Against this background of worrisome escalating insecurity, fear and horror in our Homeland, threats to our continued existence as a people more so in the face of mounting pressure of occupation by alien terrorist Muslim Fulani Herdsmen, we hereby declare that our people are no longer willing to live a life of meaningless existence in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- And, therefore, we urge for a renegotiation of the basis of our co-existence with our Neighbors. We do not wish to live in the Federal Republic of Nigeria as slaves but desire to co-exist with other regions if Alaigbo (and her willing neighbors) are recognized as AUTONOMOUS REGION, with the right to full control of our territory, our resources, our Executive, legislative, Diplomatic and Administrative institutions, as well as our judiciary, economic and social resources. etc.
- Consequently, we are compelled to call for a plebiscite to secure our God-given Homeland, propelled by our collective will to self-determination, to embrace a sustainable future of peace, Security and development for Ourselves and our Children yet unborn.
- Wherein we urge all Pan-Igbo Organizations, including the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF), Association of South-East Town Unions (ASETU), World Igbo Congress (WIC). concerned Christian Clergy and Representative Organizations, particularly the Christian Association of Nigeria South-East (CAN-SE), from our contiguous Neighbors including the Coalition of all Pro-Biafra Groups, and the vindictively proscribed non–violent Organization, IPOB, to collectively work in political synergy for our collective aspiration for self-determination, to ensure our survival and lead the pursuit of the realization of our collective security, destiny and development as a free, prosperous peace loving People bound together by the principles of Self-determination and freedom
- We call for a formal coalition of people-based organizations – ADF, ASETU, CAN-SE, WIC, Traditional Rulers Councils, Prof-Biafra Groups (IPOB in particular),Trade Union organizations, Human Research Organizations, Media organizations, Women organizations, Youth and Students Organizations, other religious groups, ex-Service men, to remain together and continue working for the benefit of our people,
- We urge for unity of purpose and regular consultations and collaboration between these bodies and the Governments of our region including the socio-cultural organization in Alaigbo, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo
- We finally urge the Governors and States House of Assembly to take immediate steps to pass the Anti-Open Grazing Law for the control of the movement of Cattle and other animals in order to protect our farmers and avert the imminent starvation knocking at our doors as farmers are afraid to go to their farms because of the incessant brutal attacks and killings as well as rape of their women and daughters by the Fulani terrorist Herdsmen.
- The Governors of the South-Eat should be reminded that they do not need the approval of the President to ban the movement of cattle by foot in the South-East. Even in the absence of Anti-Open Grazing Law, the people and government of Alaigbo can draw their authority to ban the free movement of cattle in the region either from the traditional Igbo customary law or the 2nd Schedule (Concurrent List) of the existing Constitution, particularly items 18 and 20, and the Fourth Schedule (Functions of LGC) items 1 and 2,
- We call on the State Governments and the various Communities to ensure that Community vigilantes are effectively in place, All patriotic citizens should support the Government and the vigilantes with adequate funds and protective gargets.
- We call on our youths and all Pan-Igbo and Pro-Biafra organizations to mobilize their members to enforce security in their various communities.
- We urge our women to remember that they were responsible for hastening the demise of colonial rule whose citadel they assaulted in 1929, the first such incident in the history of global colonialism,
- We urge the authorities of the Federal Government of Nigeria to lift the siege on our territory by withdrawing all the invading forces and dismantling all extortionist checkpoints
- Finally, we urge all Governors in Alaigbo, Senators, Hose of Reps, and Speakers of the House of Assembly to please consider matters in this communique as expedient and dealt with urgently.
- Whereupon we call on Almighty God to strengthen our Resolve on this day being Thursday 22nd August 2019 at Owerri. Imo State, Nigeria
LIST OF SIGNATORIES AND ORGANIZATIONS.
|1. PROF T UZODINMA NWALA
||ALAIGBO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ADF)
|2. PROF UKACHUKWU AWUZIE
||CHAIRMAN, ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
|3. CHIEF EMEKA DIWE
||ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH-EAST TOWN UNIONS (ASETU)
|4. BISHOP GODDY OKAFOR
||CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN-SE)
|5. BAR ADA EGBUFOR
||WORLD IGBO CONGRESS (WIC)
|6. PROF, ELOCHUKWU AMUCHEAZI
||IGBO LEADERS OF THOUGHT (ILT)
|7. BAR EMEKA UMEAGBALASI
||INTER-SOCIETY FOR CIVIL LIBERTIES & RULE OF LAW
|8. MRS MARIA OKWO
||IGBO WOMEN ASSEMBLY (IWA)
|9. BAR ALLOY EJIMAKOR
||ATTORNEY TO THE PRO-BIAFRA ORG.
||COALITION OF PRO-BIAFRA ORGS.
|11.BAR CASMIR NWAFOR Rtd. Captain
||EX-SERVICE MEN OF NIGERIA
|12.PROF N P. OKOLI
||OFOR BUIKE INTELLECTUAL UNION BENIN CITY
|13.CHIEF SAM AWUIAKA
||IGBO COMMUNITY UNION EDO STATE
|14. SIR CHUKS OGBONNA
||IMO COMMUNITY EUROPE
|15.MS CHINWE EBOH
||IGBO GLIBAL AALIANCE AUSTRALIA
|16. ASUZU CHINEDU PETERS
||BVI CHANNEL 1
|17.ANAENUGWU NDUBISI VINCENT
||PEOPLES RESTORATION MOVEMENT
|18.MR BENEDICT OKORO
||OCHIE IGBO CULTURAL FOUNDATION
|19.PROF NATH ANIEKWU
|20.DR. ONYI GBUJIE
|21.HON, GIDEON ADIKWURU
|22.CHIEF MONDAY IKOKU