Keynote Address delivered by
Prof Uzodinma Nwala, President of Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) at the occasion of the Maiden Award/Public Lecture organized by the Federation of Mbaise Media Professionals (FMMP) at Nguru Mbaise, 18TH December 2020
Title of Lecture The Political Development of Mbaise: How Far, So Far!
- Invest-at- home movement and the Mbaise Nation.
Mbaise citizens, like their brothers in other parts of Igbo land, are famous for their industry and entrepreneurial spirit and exploits. They have huge investments abroad, both in and outside Nigeria. In fact, they have more than 300% investments in other parts of Nigeria than they have in Mbaise. Even if 50% of such investments are located in Mbaise, it will provide jobs to our teeming unemployed and disorientated youths. Mbaise can easily be transformed into a great urban and industrial homeland. In view of the harsh experiences of Igbos in other parts of Nigeria; it has become necessary to encourage an Invest-at-Home Movement so that those huge investments abroad can be concentrated in the homeland.
The Invest-At-Home (Akuruo Ulo) Movement was set in motion by the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) in 2015 with messages organized through Conferences of Umuigbo in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, and Awka.
- Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) to Consolidate the Spirit of Invest-At Home in Mbaise and Beyond,
In furtherance of the goal of the Invest-At Home (Akuruo Ulo) the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) of which I am the President, has decided to use Mbaise as a Model Pioneer Base to kick-start the focal stage of her Invest-at- Home Movement by launching the Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) in Mbaise.
A Pilot scheme has taken off in Itu Ezinihitte with the acquisition of a site towards the Riverine Area of the Town, a water borehole has been built, planting of crops has started at the site.
The ACM shall revolutionalize food production to address the raging food scarcity as a result of the activities of the Fulani herdsmen designed as a plot to starve our people through aggressive insecurity pressures on our ancestral home. ACM will unleash the immense potential of the productive capacity of our local farmers, youth, and women and arrest food importation into our land.
Yesterday, I mean the not-too-distant yesterday, we exported food items including yam, garri, fermented cassava, and tomatoes to the North, but sadly and tragically the reverse is the case today. No wonder, we are being told that if the North closes its border and refuses to export food to us, we shall automatically be starved to total submission.
The Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) will enable us to re-link with the great agricultural and industrial development ushered in by the Azikiwe-Okpara era in Eastern Nigeria. We hope to revive our palm industry that has been neglected to our chagrin.
There is nowhere else this great social and economic revolution can begin but the land on which the Ahiara Declaration was launched as a great Freedom Testament and where the Biafra war reached and came to a close. There is no other place where this can be done other than the land of the Ezejis, the land with the highest rural density of human concentration in Africa.
- Mr Ndubisi Alozie : The Great Inspirational Agro- Entrepreneur form Okpofe Mbaise.
As we embarked on this mission in Mbaise, the God of Ndigbo led us to one of our great sons that has revolutionized Agriculture in Alaigbo and beyond. Mr. Alozie has equally become a great inspiration for the ACM Movement. Attached are some of the wonders from his farm. ADF is doing a documentary of the extensive Agricultural investments of Mr. Ndubisi Alozie within and beyond and situating it within the ACM campaign.
I am by this note inviting the great sons of Mbaise here present and outside of this
hall to join us in this movement. Please do all in your power support the take-of the pilot scheme and also invest and promote the ACM farms and projects in other parts of Mbaise and Igboland. With this spectacular development in Mbaise, tell me;
• Why we cannot encourage our youth and farmers to follow suit
• Tell me why Mbaise or any part of Alaigbo should import yam and other food items from the North,
• Yes, tell me why Yam, Cassava. Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Carrot, Ginger, Lettuce, etc. should be imported into our land.
• Tell me why our youth should be roaming around aimlessly and
• Tell me Why we cannot organize our youths to farm on our land and protect the land we inherited from our ancestors!
PROFESSOR T. UZODINMA NWALA
(Ikenga & Ezeji Mbaise)
MESSAGE TO ADF & HER FRIENDS!
In 2019, ADF leadership decided that the year 2020 was going to mark the beginning of a new phase in her journey to actualize her Mission.
The 2019 OWERRI Security Summit as well as the 2020 Enugu Retreat radically reviewed our overall program and put it into a systematic structural framework as well as specifying its financial implications. It was also decided that ADF must wear a new gab that fits its character and mission. In short, it was decided we must move away from the social media mentality, become less social media/internet warriors!
Yes, that we must show in everything we are and do that ADF is a movement for a revolutionary change in the struggle to reposition the place of the Igbo man within the global community.
At that point, it became obvious that ADF cannot transform itself thus while the base of its activities was located abroad!
We, therefore, decided that we must then relocate our headquarters and the base of our operations to our native land, precisely to our regional and national headquarters, namely Enugu.
This then should be followed with immediate practical steps to show that ADF is now moving into a new phase of its life and mission!
Dear Compatriots ADF headquarters is now firmly situated in Igboland.
Please watch the attached video.
We decided that this Report should be followed soon by a second Report showing that we have also embarked on the process of practically addressing our urgent tasks – namely FOOD AND PHYSICAL SECURITY of our people and our ancestral home. This is to be anchored on the Agenda of effective Youth Empowerment & Re-orientation.
To achieve these, we have set up a Pilot scheme – secured land, dug a borehole, and set the pioneer youth in the designated area of the pilot scheme to immediately start planting crops as a take-off and practical launch pad of our AKURUO ULO COOPERATIVE MOVEMENT (ACM)!
A Project Director, a man known in the whole wide community of Igbo liberation struggle has already relocated to the field and base of the pilot scheme.
The wonder Agric farmer whose yam we showed you last time has volunteered to serve as Consultant of ACM.
As we do this, mark you, we are in consultation with our partners in the CARECSO. The CARECSO Secretary, Canon Ugo, has visited the site of the Consultants headquarters and is preparing his report for the Coalition – CARECSO.
Note, Please note that there is no way we can continue with this Resurgmento in our mission while continuing to carry all the weeds and viruses that have infested ADF Social media platforms. No way! We have not embarked on this torturous course of our struggle since the International Colloquium on the Igbo Question in Nigeria in 2014 only to be derailed by wayfarers and social media warriors! Not possible, unless and until the shrimp learns to sing!
As we embark on this decisive phase of our struggle, we wish to remember and invoke the spirit of our dead compatriots who helped to set ADF on its historic journey – I mean Dr Dozie Ikedife, Ikenga Nnewi, and the pioneer Chairman of ADF BoT, Dr Emeka Enejere, Chief Innocent Nwoga, Prof Ginigeme Mbanefo, Bar Debe Ojukwu, Prof Chinyere Ohiri-Anichebe, Prof David Ebere Chukwu and of course the spirit of Professor Chinua Achebe, etc.
Thank you dear Compatriot and welcome to the ADF Enugu Secretariat. Please watch.
Click Here to Watch
On the Aborted Attempt to set up the Electoral Committee for the 2021 Ohanaeze Elections.
On the 6th of December, a meeting was convened at the Nike Lake Resort by the outgoing Ohanaeze Executive. As it turned out, the main item on the Agenda of the meeting was the forthcoming January 2021 Election of a new Ohanaeze Executive.
Although I came a bit late to the meeting, however, I asked and throughout the duration of the meeting, there was no reference to the genocide going on in Oyigbo (Obigbo) in Rivers State where hundreds of our kits-and-kin are being gruesomely slaughtered with reckless abandon.
There was not even ‘a minute silence’ in memory of the dead as has become our custom and as observed throughout all civilized communities in the world. What echoed from the leadership was justification of the murder of those innocent victims.
With particular reference to the alleged meeting of Ime Obi Ohanaeze, it turned out that –
- What was summoned and what met was not IME OBI Ohanaeze Ndigbo. At best, it could be called a quasi assemblage of some members of the General Assembly of Ohanaeze.
- Senator Chris Ngige eloquently made this observation, and although his observation was widely supported, his views were ignored. Another former Governor made a related observation, but all were ignored and suppressed by the Chairman.
- The implication of this is that NO MEETING OF IME OBI OHANAEZE has taken place with respect to setting up the machinery for the election of a new Ohanaeze Executive.
- On the list read out by Chief Nwodo as members of his Electoral Committee, no consultations were made with the respective States and Bodies/Organizations whose so-called representatives were announced by him.
- Most of us are familiar with the tradition of getting representatives of various States/0rganisations into any Committee of Ime Obi Ohanaeze. And what is that tradition?
“In a properly constituted Ime Obi Ohanaeze, once we get to the point of appointing, for example, the Electoral Committee, States/Organizations are requested to stand aside to nominate their representatives and return the list to the Secretary of Ime Obi Ohanaeze. After which the names of nominees are collated and announced”.Our experience is that such a process has always ended amicably and the various States/Organizations have always returned their nominees without any internal rancor.
- Indeed those who try to introduce controversy into the election of the next Ohanaeze Executive are not fair to Ndigbo, especially at this time when our people are facing the worst threat to their existence as a nation.
- We, in the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF), urge Chief Nnia Nwodo and his team not to plung Ndigbo into unnecessary internal rancor at this time. Any attempt to impose any person on Ndigbo in the name of Ohanaeze leadership at this period shall be stoutly resisted by our people and our Gods including our Supreme Chukwu Okike.
We, therefore, urge Chief Nwodo and his team to urgently convene a properly constituted Ime Obi Ohanaeze so that a legitimate Electoral Committee shall be set up to organize the Ohanaeze Election in January according to the Ohanaeze Constitution.
It is important to advise that the mood of Ndigbo at the present moment will not accept any attempt to impose any candidate on them. Anyone involved in such an attempt should think again as such a gamble and act of desperation and treachery shall be resisted vehemently by the people.
Prof. UZODINMA NWALA
THE PAN-IGBO SUPPORT GROUP (PSG):
A Band of Igbo Patriots or What?
- The PAN-IGBO SUPPORT GROUP (PSG) was formed by Mr. Nze Ike Eze, the Chairman of ADF-UK.
- He personally created a Whatsapp Group with the same name – PAN-IGBO SUPPORT GROUP (PSG) on 22 June 2020 with himself and one Mr. Ken Agbugba, also of ADF-UK, as Administrators.
- They announced to the world that they were raising money under the auspices of the PSG to support the COALITION OF ALAIGBO RELIGIOUS AND CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS (CARECSO).
- Next, they went on to prepare what they described as ”Pan Igbo Support Group Sponsorship Form” emphasizing on it the message “There is an increased need for the security of our people from Fulani herdsmen invasions that destroy lives and properties”
- On that same form, they addressed the prospective donors. –
“Thank you for your help & contributions. This initiative is in conjunction with the Coalition of Alaigbo Religious and Civil Society Organizations. Account Name: ADF UK; Sort Code: 20-57-76; Account No. 531 795 75. Please use your name – PSG as your reference when making payment. The funds raised will be used to improve security and help displaced victims.”
- On November 9, 2020, they published a post, one of a series, further informing the unsuspecting public that …
“.. Our youths need more than prayers.
They need our financial support….
Please please give however little you can to support CARESCO direct or via PAN IGBO SUPPORT GROUP.
ASK me how?-
Visit the Facebook page. (Pan – Igbo Support Group)
- They made a Video Documentary that went viral appealing fervently to Umuigbo globally to donate to the Appeal Fund, stating two related accounts nos.
as follows – i. ADF UK; Sort Code: 20-57-76; Account No. 531 795 75.
- Alaigbo Development Foundation (Coalition Account )
Fidelity Bank Plc 5210050846
- In order to inspire the confidence of donors in their project, the Video Documentary did emphasize that the Fund being raised was under the Management of Internationally-respected Igbo stakeholders, mentioning Bishop Obi Udezue Onubogu as the Chairman of the Financial Committee.
- Still yet, in order to inspire great confidence and trust of the leadership of CARECSO in those in charge of the UK Account, Nze Ike Eze had introduced three women, hitherto unknown to us as follows –
- Dr. Nwanyieze Nneka Cantle
- Mrs. Rose Nwachukwu and
- Pat Ifeyinwa Clough –
One of them had requested me, Prof Uzodinma Nwala to speak to the husband that he was very keen on joining her in the fundraising campaign for CARECSO. That I did in good conscience and the gentleman assured me that he was going to participating in the fundraising campaign.
The group has also been pestered me to give them the names of ADF members in Europe so that they can join them in the fundraising campaign. That I equally did in good conscience.
- In yet another of their powerful appeals for funds, the group had informed the prospective donors in Nigerian, in their words –
We will send you CARESCO account and you can contact CARESCO on how they can assist your community set up ndi nche
We will send you CARESCO account and you can contact CARESCO on how they can assist your community set up ndi nche
The Issue of Accountability and Transparency in the management of public funds –
During the last zoom meeting but one of CARECSO, those of them who spoke as members of the PSG fundraising Committee were hammering on what they called Transparency and Accountability to a most irritating manner. I can still remember the comments of Bishop Udezue Onubogu (Chairman of CARECSO Finance Committee) as well as those of Bishop Cosmas Ilechukwu and Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, both of whom are members of CARECSO Finance Committee and Rev Prof Philip Ogbonna. The later had to leave the zoom meeting in disgust because he could not understand why the talk about Accountability and Transparency when he knows that he and the Coordinator of the Coalition have been funding the work of the Security Committee of the COALITION from their private pocket.
The purpose of this report is to request the Finance Committee of the COALITION (CARECSO) to officially and jointly release the Bank Statement of the Coalition Account.
Finally, CARECSO is to ask Nze Ike Eze and those in charge of the UK Bank Account controlled by the PSG Team to transfer the money in the UK Account to the Nigerian Account of CARECSO. I believe that is the only way the donors can be assured that their money has been delivered as intended.
PROF UZODINMA NWALA
Dec. 1, 2020