The Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) has received the news of the arrest and deportation of Nnamdi Kanu to Nigeria and his subsequent arraignment in court in continuation of his previous trial.
2. This development is very unfortunate both for the continued existence of the crisis-ridden Nigerian federation and the struggle for the self-determination and emancipation of Igboland from the artificial Nigerian federation.
3. The arrest or elimination of Nnamdi Kanu from the scene of the struggle is most unlikely to result in the smashing of the spirit of the longing for the freedom of the Igbo Nation or that of other Nationalities that are equally struggling to free themselves from the chaotic Nigerian federation.
4. Earlier in the day, we saw a social media news item with the headline: “Nnamdi Kanu arrested and Boko Haram fighters released”. This news item summarizes the grave injustice in the Federal government’s attempt to crush Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB supporters, while the blood-sucking Boko Haram and other bandits are on the prowl throughout the entire Federation including Katsina the home state of Mr. President.
5. The Igbo Nation is meanwhile groaning under the agony of the massive arrests, torture and killing of many Igbo youths by security agents of the Federal Government.
6. One thing is very clear. The Federal Republic of Nigeria is breathing its last. It may well go the way of other federations which were created artificially and held together by the force of arms.
7. We call on the International Community not to turn it’s back on the horrors taking place in Nigeria, especially in Igboland.
8. We equally call on all Igbo lawyers no matter their persuasions, to come together and defend Nnamdi Kanu as well as several other Igbo youths who are languishing in various detention centers and prisons all over Nigeria.
PROF. UZODINMA NWALA,
CHAIRMAN, ADF BUREAU OF MEDIA & PUBLICITY.
DECLARATION OF RESOLVE By THE ALAIGBO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ADF) BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
DEFEATING THE CONQUEST AGENDA WHILE PREVENTING ANARCHY IN ALAIGBO!
To all Lovers of Peace, Adherence to Democracy, and the Rule of Law:
We say, NO, to ANARCHY in our land, BUT we shall not and never will we surrender to the Invaders!
We say, YES, to pre-emptively robust SELF-DEFENSE. We must defend the land bequeathed to us by our Ancestors…with no apologies!
However, we MUST NOT, unwittingly, allow ANARCHY into our land and space. Thus, we say, NO!… to any Non-Defensive Action.
Our innocent youth have been egregiously aggrieved, unquestionably. However, we urge our youth to not, ever, initiate an assault, or reprisal action on the Military, the Police, and Security, governmental and public installations, without justifiable provocation!
We urge our Youths – Dutifully defend our cities, communities, religious installations, and symbols, our forests, farmlands, and rivers with patriotic courage!
Remember: In 1929 and beyond, our brave Women Amazons defeated the Colonial “masters” in Igboland, starting from Olokoro and Aba. Our illegally enslaved but gallant brothers defeated Napoleon Bonaparte’s army and liberated the island of Haiti in 1804; thus Haiti became the first Black Republic in the World. Our scientific ingenuity during the 1967-70 Nigeria-Biafra War astonished the world. In hindsight, some mistakes were made and we’re now living through the fallout. NEVER AGAIN!
Finally, we condemn the declaration of war on Alaigbo and her neighbors by President Buhari. While even his home state, Katsina, is daily ravaged by various bandits including his beloved Boko Haram, President Buhari’s soldiers and their allied Fulani herdsmen are abducting and killing innocent youth from Alaigbo and other Christian parts of the country. No SANE leader can feel unperturbed as President Buhari while his nation is in flames.
It is to be noted that President Buhari’s recent speech is a classic case of HATE SPEECH, Unfortunately, while TWITTER has recognized it for what it is, the National Assembly that is expected, as a body, to call Mr. President to order has maintained very embarrassing silence.
Mr. Buhari should remember that Ndigbo are wiser today than they were in 1967-70 when they lost the Biafra war due to internal strategic errors and international conspiracy.
NEVER AGAIN! ADF
PROF. T. UZODINMA NWALA – ADF PRESIDENT
BISHOP OBI UDEZUE ONUBOGU –
CHAIRMAN, ADF BOT
DR ONYI IBENECHE –
AG. SECRETARY, ADF
HON ABIA ONIKE –
CHAIRMAN, ADF PUBLICITY BUREAU
JUNE 3, 2021