The Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) has received the news of the arrest and deportation of Nnamdi Kanu to Nigeria and his subsequent arraignment in court in continuation of his previous trial.
2. This development is very unfortunate both for the continued existence of the crisis-ridden Nigerian federation and the struggle for the self-determination and emancipation of Igboland from the artificial Nigerian federation.
3. The arrest or elimination of Nnamdi Kanu from the scene of the struggle is most unlikely to result in the smashing of the spirit of the longing for the freedom of the Igbo Nation or that of other Nationalities that are equally struggling to free themselves from the chaotic Nigerian federation.
4. Earlier in the day, we saw a social media news item with the headline: “Nnamdi Kanu arrested and Boko Haram fighters released”. This news item summarizes the grave injustice in the Federal government’s attempt to crush Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB supporters, while the blood-sucking Boko Haram and other bandits are on the prowl throughout the entire Federation including Katsina the home state of Mr. President.
5. The Igbo Nation is meanwhile groaning under the agony of the massive arrests, torture and killing of many Igbo youths by security agents of the Federal Government.
6. One thing is very clear. The Federal Republic of Nigeria is breathing its last. It may well go the way of other federations which were created artificially and held together by the force of arms.
7. We call on the International Community not to turn it’s back on the horrors taking place in Nigeria, especially in Igboland.
8. We equally call on all Igbo lawyers no matter their persuasions, to come together and defend Nnamdi Kanu as well as several other Igbo youths who are languishing in various detention centers and prisons all over Nigeria.
PROF. UZODINMA NWALA,
CHAIRMAN, ADF BUREAU OF MEDIA & PUBLICITY.
DECLARATION OF RESOLVE By THE ALAIGBO DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (ADF) BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
DEFEATING THE CONQUEST AGENDA WHILE PREVENTING ANARCHY IN ALAIGBO!
To all Lovers of Peace, Adherence to Democracy, and the Rule of Law:
We say, NO, to ANARCHY in our land, BUT we shall not and never will we surrender to the Invaders!
We say, YES, to pre-emptively robust SELF-DEFENSE. We must defend the land bequeathed to us by our Ancestors…with no apologies!
However, we MUST NOT, unwittingly, allow ANARCHY into our land and space. Thus, we say, NO!… to any Non-Defensive Action.
Our innocent youth have been egregiously aggrieved, unquestionably. However, we urge our youth to not, ever, initiate an assault, or reprisal action on the Military, the Police, and Security, governmental and public installations, without justifiable provocation!
We urge our Youths – Dutifully defend our cities, communities, religious installations, and symbols, our forests, farmlands, and rivers with patriotic courage!
Remember: In 1929 and beyond, our brave Women Amazons defeated the Colonial “masters” in Igboland, starting from Olokoro and Aba. Our illegally enslaved but gallant brothers defeated Napoleon Bonaparte’s army and liberated the island of Haiti in 1804; thus Haiti became the first Black Republic in the World. Our scientific ingenuity during the 1967-70 Nigeria-Biafra War astonished the world. In hindsight, some mistakes were made and we’re now living through the fallout. NEVER AGAIN!
Finally, we condemn the declaration of war on Alaigbo and her neighbors by President Buhari. While even his home state, Katsina, is daily ravaged by various bandits including his beloved Boko Haram, President Buhari’s soldiers and their allied Fulani herdsmen are abducting and killing innocent youth from Alaigbo and other Christian parts of the country. No SANE leader can feel unperturbed as President Buhari while his nation is in flames.
It is to be noted that President Buhari’s recent speech is a classic case of HATE SPEECH, Unfortunately, while TWITTER has recognized it for what it is, the National Assembly that is expected, as a body, to call Mr. President to order has maintained very embarrassing silence.
Mr. Buhari should remember that Ndigbo are wiser today than they were in 1967-70 when they lost the Biafra war due to internal strategic errors and international conspiracy.
NEVER AGAIN! ADF
PROF. T. UZODINMA NWALA – ADF PRESIDENT
BISHOP OBI UDEZUE ONUBOGU –
CHAIRMAN, ADF BOT
DR ONYI IBENECHE –
AG. SECRETARY, ADF
HON ABIA ONIKE –
CHAIRMAN, ADF PUBLICITY BUREAU
JUNE 3, 2021
An emergency meeting of the Council of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) was convened via Zoom today January 12, 2021 to discuss, among other things, reports of the recent Election of a new Executive of Ohanaeze Ndigbo held at Owerri Imo State on January 10, 2021.
The Council received a report of the ADF Working Committee on the critical developments before and during the purported Election held at Owerri, Imo State, and decided as follows-
To reject, in its entirety, the outcome of the Elections and refuse to recognize anyone elected in and through the purported Owerri Ohanaeze Election.
The Council states unequivocally that it did not authorize anyone to participate in the conduct of the Owerri election. If anyone associated with the ADF did participate in the conduct of the election, he did so on his own personal accord or as a representative of another organization.
The grounds of the rejection of the Ohanaeze election are based on the following –
- The entire preparations and conduct of the election breached the Constitution of Ohanaeze.
- They exhibited arrogant impunity and inordinate desire to foist a pre-determined list of officers and leaders of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
- Reports from the field of the election confirmed the corrupt nature of the elections involving bribery and brazen manipulation of the outcome.
- In addition, the venue of the election was flooded with the intimidating presence of Federal Security forces including soldiers and police.
- Reports from various Igbo Communities both at home and in the Diaspora since January 10, show that majority of Ndigbo are in a virtual state of morning over this latest arrogant show to the entire world that the Igbo nation is indeed a conquered territory.
The ADF Council congratulates all those individuals and groups that have condemned the Owerri show of shame in the name of Ohanaeze Elections. In particular, the ADF Council expresses appreciation for the bold stand of a group of several members of Ime Obi Ohanaeze, the Global Igbo Leaders, the World Igbo Congress (WIC), the Igbo World Assembly (IWA), the Igbo Women Assembly (IWA), Igbo Leaders of Thought (ILT), the leadership of Nzuko Umunna, several leaders of the Anioma and Rivers Communities. etc.
The ADF calls on the Igbo Nation not to allow the unfortunate incidents surrounding the botched Ohanaeze Election to dampen their spirit of resistance against the present siege on Igboland and the entire Igbo nation.
We further call on Igbo women to rekindle their spirit of resistance in like manner that helped to destroy the fabric of the colonial apparatus.
In the same way we urge our community leaders to ensure the emergence of Town Unions as truly instruments of development and avoid being seen as a bode of opportunists always leaking the booth of self-serving politicians.
Dear Compatriots, it is obvious that what happened in Owerri on January 10th, 2021, in the name of Ohanaeze Election is the final death nail on the coffin of Ohanaeze under the regime of Chief Nnia Nwodo. In other words what has been handed over to Prof George Obiozor is just a carcass in the guise of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
If they persist on sustaining this dead Ohanaeze as Igbo Socio-cultural Organisation, then ADF shall before the end of January 2021 and in conjunction with other patriotic Igbo organizations and leaders of Ndigbo proceed to search for and put in place an alternative Pan-Igbo Socio-Cultural organization that will stand for and protect the interest of Ndigbo and the entire Igbo Nation.
PROF. UZODINMA NWALA PROF ELOCHUKWU AMUCHEAZI
ADF President ADF Vice President
BISHOP OBI UDEZUE ONUBOGU HON ABIA ONYIKE
Chairman ADF BoT Chairman, ADF Publicity Bureau
My views on the Era of Chief John Nnia Nwodo Jr as President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo
“Any discerning person who is a keen participant in the Igbo Affairs and who followed the election, performance, politics and eloquence of Chief John Nnia Nwodo Jr. will attest that he is a true son of late Chief John Nwodo Sr.
After congratulating him following his election, I urged him to summon a meeting of the Ime Obi so that we set Agenda for his Executive, he said to me
“Prof that body is full of agents. I shall sanitize it before I summon it”
Incidentally that was the main organ of Ohanaeze that elected him. And throughout his three or four-year period as President General of Ohanaeze, he barely summoned a meeting of Ime Obi Ohanaeze.
In his undiplomatic altercations with IPOB, he told the world on the floor of the Anambra House of Assembly that he would sabotage any war of Igbo liberation.
The world knows about who and who were the first to congratulate Chief Nwodo after his election; an election that was heralded by the majestic visit of the Sultan of Sokoto to Enugu state.
He has fought every pan-Igbo organization. He looks in the direction of the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) when ever his regime is in trouble suffering from lack of funds or legitimacy. Once we bail him out he continues his blackmail of ADF.
He told Ndigbo that has over 20 policemen and security personnel guarding his house in Ukehe. He did not say how many he has in his Enugu Residence or who pays for their upkeep.
The era of Chief John Nnia Nwodo Jr as President of Ohanaeze is a Subject for research on how to convert the socio-Cultural soul of a Nation into an instrument of its self-liquidation!
Under his regime Ohanaeze Ndigbo has split into several factions. Chief John Nnia Nwodo’s soul-mates in the leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo are the OJI AKPA ELI OZUs in ALAIGBO.
Chief John Nnia Nwodo’s era as the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo has decreed a tragic NUNC DIMITIES for Ohaneze Ndigbo.
I firmly believe that from the ashes of Chief John Nnia Nwodo’s regime as PG of Ohaneze Ndigbo shall rise a solid pan-Igbo socio-cultural Organization that shall continue to serve as a dynamic moral force in the Igbo struggle.
Keynote Address delivered by
Prof Uzodinma Nwala, President of Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) at the occasion of the Maiden Award/Public Lecture organized by the Federation of Mbaise Media Professionals (FMMP) at Nguru Mbaise, 18TH December 2020
Title of Lecture The Political Development of Mbaise: How Far, So Far!
- Invest-at- home movement and the Mbaise Nation.
Mbaise citizens, like their brothers in other parts of Igbo land, are famous for their industry and entrepreneurial spirit and exploits. They have huge investments abroad, both in and outside Nigeria. In fact, they have more than 300% investments in other parts of Nigeria than they have in Mbaise. Even if 50% of such investments are located in Mbaise, it will provide jobs to our teeming unemployed and disorientated youths. Mbaise can easily be transformed into a great urban and industrial homeland. In view of the harsh experiences of Igbos in other parts of Nigeria; it has become necessary to encourage an Invest-at-Home Movement so that those huge investments abroad can be concentrated in the homeland.
The Invest-At-Home (Akuruo Ulo) Movement was set in motion by the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) in 2015 with messages organized through Conferences of Umuigbo in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu, and Awka.
- Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) to Consolidate the Spirit of Invest-At Home in Mbaise and Beyond,
In furtherance of the goal of the Invest-At Home (Akuruo Ulo) the Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) of which I am the President, has decided to use Mbaise as a Model Pioneer Base to kick-start the focal stage of her Invest-at- Home Movement by launching the Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) in Mbaise.
A Pilot scheme has taken off in Itu Ezinihitte with the acquisition of a site towards the Riverine Area of the Town, a water borehole has been built, planting of crops has started at the site.
The ACM shall revolutionalize food production to address the raging food scarcity as a result of the activities of the Fulani herdsmen designed as a plot to starve our people through aggressive insecurity pressures on our ancestral home. ACM will unleash the immense potential of the productive capacity of our local farmers, youth, and women and arrest food importation into our land.
Yesterday, I mean the not-too-distant yesterday, we exported food items including yam, garri, fermented cassava, and tomatoes to the North, but sadly and tragically the reverse is the case today. No wonder, we are being told that if the North closes its border and refuses to export food to us, we shall automatically be starved to total submission.
The Akuruo Ulo Cooperative Movement (ACM) will enable us to re-link with the great agricultural and industrial development ushered in by the Azikiwe-Okpara era in Eastern Nigeria. We hope to revive our palm industry that has been neglected to our chagrin.
There is nowhere else this great social and economic revolution can begin but the land on which the Ahiara Declaration was launched as a great Freedom Testament and where the Biafra war reached and came to a close. There is no other place where this can be done other than the land of the Ezejis, the land with the highest rural density of human concentration in Africa.
- Mr Ndubisi Alozie : The Great Inspirational Agro- Entrepreneur form Okpofe Mbaise.
As we embarked on this mission in Mbaise, the God of Ndigbo led us to one of our great sons that has revolutionized Agriculture in Alaigbo and beyond. Mr. Alozie has equally become a great inspiration for the ACM Movement. Attached are some of the wonders from his farm. ADF is doing a documentary of the extensive Agricultural investments of Mr. Ndubisi Alozie within and beyond and situating it within the ACM campaign.
I am by this note inviting the great sons of Mbaise here present and outside of this
hall to join us in this movement. Please do all in your power support the take-of the pilot scheme and also invest and promote the ACM farms and projects in other parts of Mbaise and Igboland. With this spectacular development in Mbaise, tell me;
• Why we cannot encourage our youth and farmers to follow suit
• Tell me why Mbaise or any part of Alaigbo should import yam and other food items from the North,
• Yes, tell me why Yam, Cassava. Onion, Pepper, Tomato, Carrot, Ginger, Lettuce, etc. should be imported into our land.
• Tell me why our youth should be roaming around aimlessly and
• Tell me Why we cannot organize our youths to farm on our land and protect the land we inherited from our ancestors!
PROFESSOR T. UZODINMA NWALA
(Ikenga & Ezeji Mbaise)